June 10 2013 (Sun) 6:30 am
N34.14 E137.28
Wave height 2 m
Wind 22 knots SSE
Cloudy skies.
Getting close to Enshunada
Maybe it's because Typhoon Yagi formed in the Philippines and maybe because the weather front that was down by Kyushu is moving up, the wind and the waves are strong and the waves are rolling onto the deck. I went up to the mast to try to reef the sail and ended up getting covered with water and got soaking wet. It was so cold. Wind speeds got up to 28 knots. This has been a good lesson for our final training. It was a new moon last night so it was apparently very dark. Not that it makes much of a difference for me but I imagine to have to do things in the dark must make things stressful for the sighted. I went out to set up the sail in the middle of the night last night but it wasn't any different from doing it in the daytime. One of the perks of being blind. I'm happily singing an old Japanese pop song that I like to sing when I'm speeding away but I will be mindful of the fact there is a typhoon approaching. You might be curious about the song but just so you know, it's a really old song.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿