2013年6月17日月曜日

MEALS on Sails!

June 12, 2013 (Wed) 6:30 PM  N 35.37 E 140.56 Slight rain Winds:Northeast 12 knots Wave height: 3m Choshi, Chiba Prefecture Inubosaki

 I'm back! Today I will write about what I ate during this trip. Before that, let me tell you that Hiki-san is a bit of a well-known chef in the yachting community. Just a little tweak of instant noodles or boi-in-the-bag food can enhace the flavors. As I blogged before, in winds at 25 knots, it's an effort to maintain your body position. However, the infamous chef has not problem and can magically cook up something delicious for us. House Foods and Toyo Rice are our sponsors and they have donated a lot of food for us. The first night we had curry & rice using a combination of House and Toyo products. There was egg in it and was delicious. We also have other ready to eat food like curry noodles, rice in broth, rice porridge with pickled plum, miso soup and rice. My favorite breakfast item is the como bread. Como bread is a type of long lasting pastry and we have crossaints and muffins. An absolute necessity on long voyages.  Having a crossaint with coffee is just delicious. Como bread donated some items like they did for the Earth Run. Thank you very much. I asked the chef the secrets to making everything taste so good and he said to keep it simple and use the sea water for added flavor.

Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 6/13/2013
Translated by SWIS Project

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿