May 29. I was standing by watching channel 10 this morning so I wouldn't miss the broadcast of my Ce Matin interview taken on May 20. Like I thought when I was on their show live, I am amazed at the director's creativity and skill to edits long interview footage into a short and concise video for perfect for broadcast. The scene where the weather caster Yukino-san was almost in tears when she was climbing the mast and the scene where Yoshida-san was cooking aboard the ship were done nicely. As soon as the broadcast was over, I left the house and headed for Osaka Station on the JR Loop Line. I met up with Hiki-san and went to Itami Airport where the Chief Producer for Yomiuri TV, Yuuki-san joined us and the 3 of us boarded the 7:40 flight to Fukushima. It was a small plane built for around 50 passengers and the weather was really bad so I was afraid that there would be a lot of turbulence but it turned out to be a smooth flight. As soon as we got to Fukushima Airport, we were greeted by Narita-san who has been a volunteer to support this project and Saito-san who is a representative teacher for the Iwaki Kaisei High School Yacht Club and headed for the City Hall for Iwaki City by car. We talked in detail with the representatives from the department of tourism of City Hall about the event that will be held on June 15 and 16 and how long we will be staying in Onahama . It made me think about how much work it is to plan and execute a major event and felt so much appreciation for everyone who has worked so hard to make this happen. We left City Hall and went to check out the area the Aeous will be docked. We talked about what we should do if the wind or waves were really strong on the day we leave and the route we should take to leave the port. Yuuki-san was also busy deciding where to place the cameras and where to park the broadcasting van. Then we had to hurry to Fukushima Chuo TV. Here I was in a live broadcast TV show called Koji Tele Chu from 4 pm. I shared by thoughts about my previous visit to Minami Soma City with Director Isaki. I thought 4 pm was an unusual time for a live broadcast TV show and asked why but all I got was a simple reply that it used to be on at 5 pm. After the broadcast was over, we headed back to Osaka. Today was another productive day. So, if you are still curious about what Yoshida-san made for us aboard the Aeolus during the Ce Matin interview I'll tell you. It was an omelette. It was really delicious. It would be great if we could eat delicious omelettes everyday aboard the Aeolus but it would be difficult to take eggs with us on our voyage because although eggs stay fresh for a surprisingly long time, they are very fragile. So I enjoyed every bite of it.
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/30/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿