June 1. This morning I was live on air on Wake Up Plus. A taxi came to pick me up and took me to Yomiuri TV. During my ride to the TV station, the director updated me on what the segment I will be in will be like. I had my wife and daughter join me because it's not very often we get to go to a TV studio. As soon as we got the Yomiuri TV, we were shown to the waiting room where we met the Chief Producer and then we were shown to the make-up room. Just as I was about to say "Hey, I don't need any make-up." they explained to me that it was necessary to apply something on my face to prevent the light from reflecting off my face. That's good to know because a manly man from Kyushu would never wear make-up. LOL They let us into the studio early to show us around. This was going to be a nation wide broadcast so I was really nervous. I remember they were showing an interview with Prime Minister Abe on the screen but I can't remember a single thing about it. Later, they talked about issues like separate surnames for married couples and a Motorcycle race to be held on Osaka Castle grounds and finally it was time for th Blind Sailing segment. During the commercials I said hello to the commentators and then stood before the camera. This segment was hosted by Igarashi-san and is called "Igarashi Yacht Kenkyujyo (Institute)". They will be airing this segment every week until we reach San Diego. I was at a loss for words when I found out that popular musicians like Yuzu and Motoharu Sano donated songs to this project. After they showed the video they took a few days ago on the Aeolus, I answered some questions and before I knew it, it was over. I spoke with the commentators for a bit before I headed back to my apartment because I had to prepare for a trip to Kumamoto for shooting of another TV show. My wife and daughter will be returning to San Diego tomorrow afternoon. My daughter had a great time in Japan because she got to go to Disneyland and got birthday presents from her uncle and aunt. I went to Itami Airport with them so they can catch the flight to Narita where they will be changing planes for a JAL direct flight to San Diego. I took the JAL direct flight from San Diego to Narita to come to Japan and it really did feel like it was much more convenient and that Japan was much closer. I really hope JAL will continue offering these direct flights to Narita. I headed to Kumamoto with Igarashi-san (announcer) and Fujita-san (director). It was pouring when we got to Kumamoto. We took a taxi to Kumamoto Lighthouse, a place I spent 15 years since the 1st grade of elementary school. I commuted to blind school from here. Despite the heavy rain, 60 people gathered there for me. It made me feel really nostalgic to see all my old teachers and friends and we talked for 2 hours. Afterwards we headed to my hometown of Ushibuka on Amakusa where we will be filming on location tomorrow. By the time we got there 3 hours later, we were all exhausted. Ushibuka is really really far. But as soon as I got out of the car, the air smelled like the sea, just like I remembered it and found myself unwinding immediately.
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 6/03/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿