2013年5月22日水曜日
Ahoy! Female Announcer CLIMBS THE MAST!
May 20th. We had another interview with Ce Matin today. Danette Davis from Blind Sailing International (BSI) joined us on the Aeolus from the U.S. The plan for this episode was to have the female weather forecaster Saito-san climb up to the tip of the mast before we head out and have another female announcer Yoshida-san cook while we sail. As Saito-san climbed up the mast with her safety harness on, I could hear her yelling "I'm scared! I'm scared!" The mast on the Aeolus has a little stairway so it's easier to climb than most masts but I imagine it must have been very scary for her. She was up halfway when I heard her scream "NOOO! I can't do this! Don't make this do this!" We all yelled back up at her "Yukino-chan! You can do it! Don't give up!" and urged her to go on. She screamed all the way up and screamed all the way down but she did it. Apparently she's not afraid of heights but she said climbing up to the top of the mast was a completely different experience from standing on the roof of a tall building. We headed out of the port to do some sailing. The weather was lovely and the wind was very pleasant. The perfect day for sailing. As soon as we raised the sail, stopped the engine and started sailing, Saito-san started feeling a little seasick. What a horrible day it must have been for her. First, they make her climb up the mast and then she gets seasick. Yoshida-san went into the cabin and to cook and something smelled delicious. Yum...and it tasted as good as it smelled. Do you want to know what she made for us? Then watch Ce Matin on May 29th around 5:50 am. As for the people who live outside the Kansai broadcasting area, I will blog what it was on the 29th. Stay tuned!
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/21/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿