2013年5月13日月曜日

The SECOND OVERNIGHT TRAINING Part 4


Around 12 pm on May 12, we safely reached Hokko. Thank you all for your support. The almost 20 hour overnight training was a wonderful learning experience because it gave us a chance to discover things we don't realize during the day. Shinbo-san and I decided do everything ourselves any without help and we will be the only ones on watch this time so we were able to get a good idea of what it's going to be like for us once we are out there. This helped tremendously to build up my confidence. Of course, Hiki-san and Yasuysa-san were out there with us but we asked for them to stand back unless it became absolutely necessary for them to step in. To be on watch with me means they have to relay what they see on the radar and what they physically see out there to me so unlike being on watch with Shinbo-san where that isn't necessary, it must have been a difficult task. I thank Yasuya-san who stayed up all night to stay on watch in the cockpit. I am truly grateful to the volunteers who help to keep us safe during our training sessions. The temperature dropped a bit before the sun came up so it was uncomfortably cold for a while. But a cold lonely night is always followed by a warm cheery morning. On our way back, for a brief period, the wind picked up speed so we raised our sails and cruised for a while. For our next overnight training we will head out to Fukushima. I will learn all I can learn in our remaining few overnight training sessions.

Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/12/2013
Translated by SWIS Project

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿