2013年5月13日月曜日

The SECOND OVERNIGHT TRAINING Part 3

It's a little after 2 am on May 12. I just finished my 2nd watch. There isn't enough wind so we are using both the sails and the engine to trudge on. It was around 1 am when we passed Kataseto as we saw Tomogashima to the starboard side. We headed starboard towards the Tomogashima Suido and now we are headed for Hokko.This area has a lot of vessels so we need to proceed with caution using the radar and paying close attention with our eyes.  I have Hiki-san and Yasuya-san to support me during my watch. I hope someone will develop a radar that can read out or use some other sensory method to give you the readings. I really want to get out to the open Pacific where there are no obstacles soon. I heard that out there chances are you will see one vessel in a day, maybe. We tried the simulation for a live broadcast data uploads to the satellite was too slow and we had some problems with the equipment so it didn't go very well. Hiki-san was on the phone for almost 5 hours to troubleshoot. Just like your PC, when it's working fine, everything is great. But once you run into some kind of trouble, it's frustrating. So after a day full of problems, we got to see a beautiful sunset so that was a treat. For dinner we had delicious zosui (rice in fish broth). I'm going to nap for about an hour before my next watch. Good night.

Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/12/2013
Translated by SWIS Project

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿