2013年5月6日月曜日

Strange PAIN in My Right Foot


May 4th. I woke up this morning and was surprised to feel pain at the base of my 2nd toe in my right foot (so much detail...sorry) and I couldn't bend it because it hurt so much. It's not like I was so drunk last night that I couldn't remember what I did to myself the night before like when I was younger. There were times I would wake up in the morning and find myself scratched up in my reckless years.

At a yacht race, it's not unusual for some people to get other team members so drunk at the pre-race festivities that they would be too hungover the next day to do well in the race. I fell for that trick before.  I was sweet talked into having one drink after another and was so drunk I could't remember how I got back to my room. I woke up the next morning and felt some pain in my right knee and my team members told me that the night before I was so drunk that I fell and scratched my knee as I was trying to get home from the party. How humiliating. It has been a long time since I've blacked out from drinking too much. I'm too old for that stuff now.

I remember how much I enjoyed the festivities and how I got back to the Aeolus and enjoyed some delicious aged sochu and how I went to the bathroom before hitting my bed. I don't recall stubbing my foot or hitting it against anything. How odd... As I got up to go to the bathroom and shifted my weight onto my right foot I felt a sharp pain. I have to baby my right foot as I walk. At breakfast, Hiki-san told me that I was making a lot of racket in the middle of the night and that's when I realized that when I talk in my sleep, I usually toss and turn a lot too. So perhaps I kicked something in my sleep. I started to investigate. I went to the berth I sleep in and laid down in it. There's a very narrow space where you put your feet in. I must have been flapping my feet around in this tight space as I talked in my sleep and banged it on something. Hurting your foot like this isn't something that would happen at home. However, when you have very limited personal space something like this is quite possible. I learned something very important during this sleepover training. I hope my body has learned the valuable lesson too and will stop doing things that will hurt itself while I'm asleep. Shinbo-san, please don't panic if you suddenly hear me yelling out loudly in the middle of the night. LOL

Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/5/2013
Translated by SWIS Project

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿