May 4th. The weather is great and the temperature is rising. But unfortunately, no wind. Maitenance work is still being done on the Aeolus like replacing the ceiling boards, replacing the hindges on the doors on the cupboards in the galley etc. I think it was around lunchtime, Fukuike-san from Creation K.K. in Tannowa brought a miniature Aeolus made of teak. It was beautifully varnished. Thank you very much. At 5 pm, the awards ceremony for the Around Kansai Airport Yacht Race began. Even though the wind was very slight, over 70 yachts came to enjoy the race. Here, the harbor master Takeda-san gave us a moment to talk about our feat to cross the Pacific and collect donations (www.seewhatisea.com) for 420 dinghies to donate to Kaisei High School yacht club and junior yacht school in Iwaki City, Fukushima. Thank you all who have donated. When we leave for Fukushima on June 8th, it would be nice if everyone sees us off as we leave Osaka Bay. After the ceremony, Shinbo-san showed me his yacht. It's slightly smaller than the Aeolus but it's 1/4 the weight and it goes really fast. Shinbo-san, please let me take it out once we get back from our voyage. It's name is Kaorin III, named after his wife. When I see how devoted he is to his wife, I feel I have to be a better man for my wife.
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/5/2013
Translated by SWIS Project





0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿