Today, May 4th was the day the Around the Kansai International Airport Yacht Race sponsored by the Tannowa Yacht Club was held. Of course, once again, I did not participate. LOL My excuse is, it was because I have a live broadcast do on Saturday mornings so I have never been able to participate in this race that is held annually on a Saturday. There's not too many occasions where you can sail around the Kansai Airport so I imagine the participants must have had a lot fun. Congratulations to all who won awards. I heard that there wasn't much wind so it was a tough race.
The harbor master of Tannowa Yacht Harbor, Takeda-san asked Hiro-san and me to speak during the award ceremony. We were grateful for everyone's participation in the fundraising for dinghies to donate to the high school yacht clubs who've lost their dinghies to the tsunami in the Great East Japan Earthquake. When we told them we will be leaving for San Diego on June 8th, many people said "We'll sail with you that day". If the weather is good, Yomiuri TV should be there capturing footage from up in the air from a helicopter so if the the Aeolus was surrounded by all 70 yachts that participated in the race, it would be a spectacular scene. I hope everyone can make it.
As we started getting ready to leave, we smelled the delicious aroma of yakiniku in the air. There is a huge BBQ area at Tannowa Yacht Harbor. After we make it to San Diego and I return to Japan, I plan to have a huge yakiniku party here. You are all invited! I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself.
Thank you for all your comments. Yatchin-san from Sekime, when you are rescuing someone who fell overboard, it's basic procedure to heave to upwind from the person we are trying to rescue. Of course, sometimes, we may have to approach from downwind to get there. LOL
As we started getting ready to leave, we smelled the delicious aroma of yakiniku in the air. There is a huge BBQ area at Tannowa Yacht Harbor. After we make it to San Diego and I return to Japan, I plan to have a huge yakiniku party here. You are all invited! I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself.
Thank you for all your comments. Yatchin-san from Sekime, when you are rescuing someone who fell overboard, it's basic procedure to heave to upwind from the person we are trying to rescue. Of course, sometimes, we may have to approach from downwind to get there. LOL
Originally posted by Jiro Shinbo in Japanese on 5/4/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿