May 28. This morning, we turned on the VSAT and INMARSAT systems on and were on standby for a live broadcast testing from 10:30 this morning. The INMARSAT phone rang so I picked it up. It was Shinbo-san saying; "Hello? Shinbo here!" The phone works fine. Now we are ready for interviews over the phone. Next, we tested to see if we can send video and audio over the VSAT. We were able to send video but not audio. They said that it could be due to unstable transmission speeds. Once it reached 200kbps, we were able to send audio as well. I hope we will be able to reach triple digit transmission speed when we are out there on the Pacific. After having cup noodles for lunch on the yacht, Shinbo-san got busy listening to Hiki-san explain alternative methods of communication in case we have trouble with satellite communication. The amount of information was tremendous and I was amazed with Shinbo-san's ability to absorbe all that information. And the fact that Hiki-san thoroughly understands all of it to the point he can teach someone is incredible. Anything related to the engine or anything electrical, I have no choice but to have Shinbo-san handle it. I felt bad as I listened to them talk. I reminded myself over and over again that my responsibility is to do what I can to the best of my abilities. The code that I live by is to not dwell on things I can't do and focus on what I can do and give it my all. After Shinbo-san left, around 3 pm, we wanted to test the new SailSound and tried to connect it to the on board LAN but we were having trouble. We fumbled around for a while trying to figure out what was wrong and when we turned on the VSAT we finally got connection. With the new version of SailSound, you can set how many times you want it to read out the information on the menu using a function already available in the iPad or iPhone. I always think it's great when I am enabled to start doing things I couldn't do before on my own. We returned to the boathouse around 4 pm and discussed the food items to load onto the yacht with the leader of the shopping team Mackie until a little after 7 pm. Thank you all for your help again today. I will be heading out for a live broadcast of 'Koji Tele Chu!' tomorrow at Fukushima Chuo TV. If you live in Fukushima, I hope you watch it!
Message from Headquarters:
A VSAT system will be on board the Aeolus for live broadcast and uploading blogs from the PC for this voyage. This will be our primary communication system (There is a huge dome antenna on the stern. In case we run into problems with the VSAT, we have the INMARSAT phone as an audio backup during live broadcasts. This will be our secondary communication system. And we will have an iridium phone that will constantly be connected to the two of them. This is our third and last communication system.
The systems are all there to support one another and thanks to the technology provided by Furuno Electrics and others that allows us to use all this technology without a hitch, our safety is ensured. We will be commencing the final countdown soon. Thank you for all your support until now and hope you will stay with us on our journey.
To all of our supporters out there, we promise to upload videos and blogs every moment we can. We hope you look forward it. And of course, our broadcasts can be enjoyed in Hi-Vision. Stay tuned to watch cutting edge technologies being used for the first time in the world!
P.S. It will be Shinbo-san that will actually operate them and believe me, it's not as complicated as you may imagine but in no way is it easy. Good luck Shinbo-san! LOL
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/28/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿