2013年5月27日月曜日
Shinbo-san is IRREPLACEABLE
May 22. Today I was interviewed by Braille Mainichi, a Braille weekly for the blind by Mainichi Newspaper. The interview who got on board with us was very sensitive to motion so although the winds and waves were gentle the interviewer got sick and we had to cut the interview short in the middle of sailing. I feel so bad for them. I imagine they can't say no to an assignment just because they get motion sickness. We had another guest on board. It was Wakihama-san, a female announcer from Yomiuri TV who is know by a select few as the person who Shinbo-san would pass the baton to should Shinbo-san not be able to make the voyage. Apparently, there was even a newspaper article with comments from Shinbo-san and her picture in it. Her hobby is scuba diving and just the other day, she went diving to celebrate using her 900th oxygen tank so her passion for scuba diving is admirable. Currently, she is also passionate about sailing dinghies and she sails at public yacht harbors. I hope everyone out there can find a public marina so that they can try sailing. I want to get rid of the biased opinion in Japan that sailing is an indulgence for the rich.
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 5/23/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿