2013年4月30日火曜日
A Life Full of ADVENTURE & EXCITEMENT
Kobayashi-san of Quantum Sail is helping us with our new sails and this morning he came to measure the sizes of the head sail (the one in front) and main sail (the biggest sail) to make new ones. I was really curious to learn how they measure them so I watched carefully. In the world of high technology, one would think they have awesome tools where you measure with a laser beam or something which sends the information for digital analysis but to my surprise the procedure was relatively simple. They showed me that although the methods are simple, when a professional does it, they can get very detailed data. Kobayashi-san efficiently measured everything and got the information he needed. He then takes all the data and uses the computer to design a 2D, 3D graphic image of the sails.
While this was going on, a couple of people from the Japan Coast Guard which we visited a few days ago came to see the Aeolus because they were at the Hokko Yacht Harbor to promote sea navigation safety. Their boat was a light aluminum boat and it looked like it could go really fast. I wouldn't want to be aboard that boat because I had to be rescued but I would love to go on it to see how fast it goes. In the afternoon, I spoke with some people who research and develop products like glasses with built-in cameras, bone conduction earphones and systems with built-in microphones. Another moment of realization that technological advancement far exceeds anything I've ever imagined. It made me want to start thinking of a new revolutionary challenge. I know, a voyage across the Pacific is a big enough challenge but I want to dream and I want to chase my dreams so please bear with me. It's a great feeling when you've done something you could't do before. Let's live the life that is full of adventure and excitement!
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 4/27/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)



0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿