Today is April 12th. It has been a month since I came to Japan. Wow. It went by so fast! On the JAL flight to Japan, I couldn't stop thinking about the press conference so I couldn't get any sleep. I enjoyed my in-flight meal, had some beer and normally I would fall asleep but I was busy reviewing what I was going to say at the press conference and anticipating questions and how I should reply so I couldn't get a wink of sleep.
But I was with Hamada-san, the chairman of SWIS so I was saved from many of the hassles of traveling after having dinner with Hiki-san, I still had the energy to go out for a bite and drinks. Thanks to that, I was able to get some quality sleep so I was able to do my press conference, be on a live broadcast of a TV show for Fukushima Chuo TV and make it to Osaka.
In the month that passed, I settled in nicely in my home in Nishikujo and my sailing training at Osaka Hokko Yacht Harbor has been going well. And for some reason, I know am a regular at a restaurant in Nishinomiya. You might be curious how I became a regular there but I will save that story for a later time. I know that I owe much to the people of SWIS, Project D2 and Kaientai for my stay here being so enjoyable. I especially want to thank the people invite me out out of concern that I may be feeling isolated. I sincerely hope we can continue spending time together.
I also feel I have gotten closer to Shinbo-san since we first met in San Diego. I recall when Shinbo-san first guided me, like everyone who guides me for the first time, I felt how nervous he was. Now, I call him one of my SUPER blind guides.
The training on the Aeolus for the past month has been going smoothly since I was able to practice for 4 times a week for 2 months aboard the Midoshien which is the same type of yacht in San Diego before this. Furuno Electric's NavNet TZ Touch and Sail Sound which was developed by Osaka Electro-Communication University has helped me build up my confidence by giving me the technology which allows me to sail on my own.
And last by not least, to all my blog readers out there, thank you so much for your patience in reading my less-than-perfect entries and all the support you give me in your messages. Please continue to follow me on this blog. And if you can, please post a comment. I love hearing from you!.Your comments create the force that drives me to write more despite the fact I'm not very good at writing.
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 4/12/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿