2013年4月19日金曜日

With the TV CREW of Ce Matin


Today we had a TV crew from the show 'Ce Matin' follow us for the day. In the morning, I showed them how I write my blogs and cook. "What? You can listen and comprehend that quickly?" asked the director. I laughed as I replied; "This is actually a bit on the slower side." What we are talking about? This was a conversation we were having when I was showing how the PC reads out what is on the screen. Yes. The blind installs a screen reader software that reads aloud what is being entered on a keyboard on a laptop which allows us to confirm what we are writing. At first it's hard to quickly comprehend what you hear but you quickly get used to it. And eventually, you start feeling it's not fast enough. I must say the capabilities and possibilities of man are incredible. You have the potential capacity to do this too. The TV crew observed us sail in the afternoon. They filmed me as I handled the ropes by finding the markers I blogged about the other day and sailed the yacht using the system that uses voice to tell me which direction the yacht is facing, wind speeds and wind directions. I've gotten used to doing things in front of the camera so I think I was able to sail well without being nervous. I was a lot more nervous this morning when I had to show them what my daily life is like. This will be aired on 'Ce Matin' on May 7th. If you live in the Kansai area, I hope you watch it! Okubo-san, a member of Kaientai; a group of volunteers that do the maintenance of the Aeolus, came from Shizuoka and  stayed for 6 days to do things like exchange the bolts around the rudder and weld the stove burner and such. He also made it possible to put more things at the tip of the boat by weaving a net with his own hands. When we travel across the Pacific, we will be storing many important food items there. Okubo-san, I thank you again. I know it's not easy and I really appreciate everything you do. 

PS from the Head Office:We will post pictures tomorrow. We forgot the camera on the yacht. We are so sorry!

Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 4/18/2013
Translated by SWIS Project

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿