2013年4月11日木曜日

FUND RAISING at the Boat Show


I got up early this morning to check the early weather forecast on TV and they said there will be strong winds again today. I headed out to Nishinomiya in hopes that the winds will die down. At 8:30 am I took the bus with Yoshikura-san and Hiki-san from the station to the harbor where I received the good news that the boat show will not be canceled. The test-ride events were canceled but the exhibition booths were all open. By noon, the winds were calmer and I heard the sky is looking clearer towards the west. It was freezing this morning but it's gradually getting warmer now.
Our booth was set up not only to promote our voyage across the Pacific but also to raise funds to donate a small yacht to the high school students of Fukushima Prefecture. This fund-raising project to buy a yacht is made possible by the people of SWIS (See What I Sea Project) in San Diego that has been supporting me throughout this endeavor to cross the Pacific. Shibo-san also found time in between work to come to take pictures with the people who have donated.
I thank you all for your generous donations.    

Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 4/9/2013
Translated by SWIS Project

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿