2013年4月28日日曜日
The 'Other' HIDEAWAY Aboard the Aeolus
I went to the Hokko Yacht Harbor this morning and went into the 'other' hideaway aboard the Aeolus and studied the structure. It's called a stern hatch and it's a storage space on top of something box shaped in the back of the yacht. It's pretty deep so if I just crouch inside, only my face will stick out. Many things can be fit into this. And there are many pipes inside where you can turn the cocks on and off. There is the pipe where the engine coolant water goes out and the cock, normally the cock will be turned on so the coolant water can flow out when the engine is on. However, when the water is rough and the waves are bigger, we turn the cock off and use the sail. If we don't do that, there will be a back-flow of sea water. That will probably damage the engine. If we turn the engine on again, if we don't turn the cock on, we won't have any coolant water. If I don't learn each pipe by touch, and I don't remember which pipe runs where and for what reason, it may lead to disaster. Afterwards, I learned how to connect the iPad I use to steer the boat to the Wi-Fi and how to set the bluetooth and phone. All Apple products have a software called a voiceover installed which assist the visually challenged. So it is possible for me to read your iPhone screen if we wanted. I will talk more about that in another occasion. It's not like I'm an IT guru or anything. I barely keep up with technology but IT allows us to maximize our potential to the fullest. Without IT, this project probably would not have seen the light of day. And perhaps with the evolution of IT, I will be able to fulfill my next adventure. What is my next adventure? Well, for the time being, I will keep it a secret.
Originally posted by Hiro in Japanese on 4/23/2013
Translated by SWIS Project
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿