Hello
everyone! It’s nice to meet you all! I am the blind sailor Mitsuhiro (Hiro)
Iwamoto.
Now that the
press conference is over, I can relax a little. I am very grateful that I have
a chance to realize the dream I’ve had for a long time in tandem with Shinbo-san.
Things that
make me happy now!
Being able
to eat lots of delicious thing! Taking a REAL bath in a Japanese tub! Being
able to drink cold Japanese beer! Friendly encounters with the people of Osaka,
getting reconnected with old friends in the Kansai area and to have the
opportunity to sail on the same boat Kanpei-san and Hiki-san sailed on! That I
will be able to test a new system designed for blind sailors! And that I have a chance to realize my dream with Shinbo-san.
Things that
worry me!
Have I been
able to master the skills I have practiced so far? Will I be able to do
everything I learned to do in the galley (the kitchen inside the yacht) on a rolly yacht? How will we do
when we face strong winds and high waves? How hard is it going to be to miss our family?
Will the people of Nishikujo like us? A lot of things worry me but I’m so excited!
I share my honest feelings on this blog with all of you so I truly appreciate your
messages of support.
Thank you!
Hiro
Uploaded originally in Japanese on 3/13/2013
Uploaded originally in Japanese on 3/13/2013
Translated
by See What I Sea Project (SWIS)
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿